Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes tele aid service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 escalade
Mercedes tele aid service

Today I found out that I was charged $240 for this serivce. I wanted to cancel it because my lease ends in september. so I called them and found out that they will not pro-rate it refund the difference unless I turn in my lease.

Most of you guys probably don't know but your car is most likely on automatic renewal. which locks you in the program. If you don't want to be stuck with this bill , call them and tell them not to renew it automatically.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Its in the paperwork you signed in the beginning when you took delivery of your car. It pays to read what you sign.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Its in the paperwork you signed in the beginning when you took delivery of your car. It pays to read what you sign.

It's a good reminder for those who don't know though...
Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 PM

C280
Tele Aid versus Mbrace

The letter I got from Mercedes asking me to switch to Mbrace had a fine print footnote that said the system is functional only where cell phone and GPS is functioning. I called the 800 number and was told that's the truth and that AT&T is used to carry the signal. I have an Iphone and AT&T drops lines constantly and has extensive service gap everywhere. I am not sure I want to rely on AT&T functioning at the time of a crash! I called Tele Aid and they told me that they use their own towers that have stronger signals than cell phones, but the fellow also said that they use Verizon. I don't recall the Tele Aid contract having a disclaimer about cell phone connection availability. Does anybody have reliable information on how to compare the two services on this score? Getting the signal out the time of a crash is a crucial feature!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:09 AM

GLS 5000
Im not sure why you would want to cancel the service $240 to save your life or your loved ones isnt that big of a deal unless you dont have $240 then why are you in an MB??
Old 07-12-2010, 11:11 AM

GLS 5000
Mbrace is simply a new provider for the service in the car its like switching from att to verizon but the older company has been around a lot longer and the operators who answer seem to know more about the car and now they provide directions and downloads right to my navi in the $240 price
Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by Quix
The letter I got from Mercedes asking me to switch to Mbrace had a fine print footnote that said the system is functional only where cell phone and GPS is functioning. I called the 800 number and was told that's the truth and that AT&T is used to carry the signal. I have an Iphone and AT&T drops lines constantly and has extensive service gap everywhere. I am not sure I want to rely on AT&T functioning at the time of a crash! I called Tele Aid and they told me that they use their own towers that have stronger signals than cell phones, but the fellow also said that they use Verizon. I don't recall the Tele Aid contract having a disclaimer about cell phone connection availability. Does anybody have reliable information on how to compare the two services on this score? Getting the signal out the time of a crash is a crucial feature!
I hate to tell you, Teleaid does not "have their own towers". They use Verizon.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 AM

r350
bought a preowned R350 and it is really nice. How do i activate my car phone system
Old 08-08-2010, 01:48 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
MBRACE

Originally Posted by WHYME2010
Mbrace is simply a new provider for the service in the car its like switching from att to verizon but the older company has been around a lot longer and the operators who answer seem to know more about the car and now they provide directions and downloads right to my navi in the $240 price
I switch to MBRACE after receiving a letter from MB. I think there was a flat fee as long as I kept the vehicle. The MBRACE representative said they will notify Tele Aid of the cancellation. I called Tele Aid and they were not notified of the cancellation. Tele Aid said they were not going out of business. I have made one call to MBRACE about a problem I was have with the vehicle and the representative was not able to answer my question.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 GLE450 polar white AMG pkg.
I got my automatic bill for tele-aid today and they charged me $260.70 for another 12 months.

I asked if there are any promotions, and they cut the price by $100...I will see a credit on my next bill.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Consumer Beware

Most of you guys probably don't know but your car is most likely on automatic renewal. which locks you in the program. If you don't want to be stuck with this bill , call them and tell them not to renew it automatically.[/quote]

Anytime someone asks for your credit card or card number, it will likely be placed on automatic renewal. Magazine subscriptions, Consumer Reports website, Mbrace/Teleaid, etc.
They are supposed to let you know that it will renew 30 days in advance, but will they?
I called and cancelled my Mbrace due to the $285 annual for base service.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:57 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by El Cid

Most of you guys probably don't know but your car is most likely on automatic renewal. which locks you in the program. If you don't want to be stuck with this bill , call them and tell them not to renew it automatically.
Anytime someone asks for your credit card or card number, it will likely be placed on automatic renewal. Magazine subscriptions, Consumer Reports website, Mbrace/Teleaid, etc.
They are supposed to let you know that it will renew 30 days in advance, but will they?
I called and cancelled my Mbrace due to the $285 annual for base service.[/QUOTE]Mbrace is not an annual fee, TeleAid is. Mbrace is a one time charge. Your vehicle has to be upgraded at the dealer for free for Mbrace to work. MB no long recommends TeleAid
Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 AM

2015 C300 4Matic
biggest difference that you'll see and experience is that mBrace allows google search & send integration for sending directions to your navigation system and also the iPhone application. if you don't plan on using them then go with tele-aid for the reputation and service stability.