Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Customer Service @ Higher Level...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes Benz C230K SS
Post MB Customer Service @ Higher Level...

I was hoping if any of you can help or point me in the right direction to going above a dealerships customer service, perhaps Headquarters or something. Advice, suggestions are also welcomed. Perhaps anyone here as experienced a situation like this?

The story goes like this. My Father drives a 2005 ML320 and he lives in the State of Jalisco Mexico. They travel to Texas every 6 months because he has to register the car in order for him to keep it in Mexico.

About a month ago, as they were crossing the border, my dad's car started to "stutter" and turn off. At one point they had to push it across the check point because of the problem.

My dad at that point immediately took it to Powell Watson Mercedes Benz in Laredo Texas. They changed a sensor called "sender unit" #00-153.27-28. They left Texas after taking care of business and headed back to home to Jalisco Mexico. While driving home, he started to encounter the same problem. They pulled over for a bit, finally the car started and headed back home. The incident had happened several times afterwards. Basically, the problem had not been fixed correctly the first time.

At this point, my dad decided to take the car to Autos de Excelencia Mercedes Benz in Leon Guanajuato, Mexico. They kept the car until it failed again and finally came with the conclusion, after the car shut down that it was a part called "Relevator" (not sure on spelling) but it works with the fuel pump.

Bottom line, my dad is trying to get some kind of "refund" for the part or labor (about $400) and the dealership in Texas doesn't want to give him anything. He's hiiiiighly pissed about the situation.

He's coming to California for the holidays to visit us and he's bringing the bills, receipts, and the part that was not needed. He asked that I research a bit, see what I can find out for him. (customer service Headquarters)

Can anyone please throw some suggestions, ideas or input?

Greatly appreciated!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Sad Story...

But did your Daddy ever called the Dealership in Texas and told them the Problem?

They did a quick test with the computer -
They found a problem and fixed it -
They did a final test with the computer after repair -
They did a test drive and everything was okay.

Maybe it was a wrong diagnose, but the car was okay after repair.

If something like this is happen in Germany you HAVE to tell the Dealership and give them a chance to fix the Problem. If not, you cannot ask for money.

I'm not sure about the rules in the States yet, but I think it's kind of similar...
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes Benz C230K SS
Originally Posted by Jochen
Sad Story...

But did your Daddy ever called the Dealership in Texas and told them the Problem?

They did a quick test with the computer -
They found a problem and fixed it -
They did a final test with the computer after repair -
They did a test drive and everything was okay.

Maybe it was a wrong diagnose, but the car was okay after repair.

If something like this is happen in Germany you HAVE to tell the Dealership and give them a chance to fix the Problem. If not, you cannot ask for money.

I'm not sure about the rules in the States yet, but I think it's kind of similar...
Thanks for the reply Jochen... Perhaps it was a wrong diagnose, the car was ok aftewards, but not for long.

I understand what you are saying though as far as giving them a chance to fix the problem... problem is... it's about 1,000 miles away so it's not like they can go back that easily you know. They only travel out that way once every six month or so.

Anyways... Thanks for the input though... I think the "Headquarters" are in New Jersey.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Originally Posted by BigAlC230K
... problem is... it's about 1,000 miles away so it's not like they can go back that easily you know...
I hear you.

But you have to give them a chance. Nobody ask you to come by if you are 1000mls away. But you can tell them to which Dealership you go and they can contact this Dealership.

Just in case it is the same part - they HAVE to pay the bill.

If not - like in your case - they are different ways to help the customer.

But if the customer is doing things "his way" so no wonder that nobody wants to pay for it.

It's different to give an good advise - I'm more than 1000mls away LOL - so all you can do is talking the the Dealerhip that repaired your car. That means calm and factual!

If this is not working call the Customer Service.