Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Warranty Duration/Mileage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Warranty Duration/Mileage

I'm just wondering. We spend upwards of 50K to buy th best engineering offeren in any automobile in the world. Right?? Now, how come Hyundai, Kia etc provide 10 yrs/100K warranty on their vehicles - with "less superior" engineering?? Why can't our "better" vehicles offer such warranties - maybe not 100K, but something more than 40-50K? Afterall, MB's and Bimmers/Volvos/Audi/Lexus/etc are all built like tanks. Like I said, I am just wondering and would like someone to explain the economics behind this thinking.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
just because they are built like tanks does not mean that they do not break down....it just means that you are safer in an accident in a benz than a hyundai....if anything my clk has had more problems in three years than any of my japanese cars have ever had....perhaps that is why MB won't give the longer warranty....but don't worry...if you can pay for a benz i'm sure the cost of fixing it is not a problem...its just the time factor involved that pisses me off most of the time....

just my 2 cents...
Old 02-08-2002, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
And to make matters worse, it seems like the owners of MBs don't even drive them much - compared with your average Nissan/Toyota/you know what. I guess you're right that what we pay for is really peace of mind that at 120 your confidence level in the vehicle is same as at 55, and that I totally agree with!!