Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Suggestions about a sneaky dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C class
Suggestions about a sneaky dealer

I just purchased a new C Class from a local dealership. I called before I went to the dealership to make sure they we're open. The gentlemen picked up the phone and said yes we are and said to ask for him when I get there. I was with my cousin who is 22 and I am 27. When we got there I asked for the person from the phone he walked over, saw my cousin and myself and passed me to another dealer. He thought we were some kids looking for a joy ride. That dealer I was passed off too helped me out so much I bought a new C Class from him. I just found out today that jerk car dealer that passed me off somehow convinced or lied about his involvement in the deal I made with the car dealer he passed me off too, and received half of the commission. I think it absolutely ridiculous and I am going to the dealer tomorrow and flipping out at the sales manager. I want to know what you guys think and any suggestions to get this scumbag to loose his commission he not only didn't earn but stole by being sneaky.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts
'91 964 Turbo, '02 E55's & '14 E63s-w
How could one sales guy pass you on to another dealer and not only that but manages to get the commission too ? Are these two different dealers or same owner with two different dealerships ?
If i was you,i would tell the sales manager of the dealership where you finally bought the car to give all credit to the sales guy that helped you purchase the car or else you would have gone some where else ?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You bought a car, are happy with it and the salesperson that helped you. What are you upset about?

You probably spoke to the acting GSM when you called, he told you to ask for him when you got there. He likely passes all customers off to another salesperson based on seniority, the best fit between customer and salesperson he can think of to make the sale. That's his job. Or maybe he thought you were joyriders and passed you along....what do you care?

In your case, he did a good job of it as you got along well with the salesperson he assigned to you and bought the car.

Save your flipping out for something that really matters, like if the car you bought turns out to have been hit and repaired and they did not disclose that to you. You really have no basis to go back and complain about anything.......you bought a car and liked your salesperson. You'll just look foolish, and they are not going to change anyone's compensation based on a complaint from a customer.

Bruce
Old 03-06-2011, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ml350 Bluetec
Contact one of the forum members who constantly beak off about their guns, then borrow the gun and kill the salesman.
What? Not good? How exactly does this gun think work then?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Kids. Who cares? At worse two sales people got to share a commission and at best you are happy with your purchase. If you feel slighted for being "handed off" then good luck in business.