Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Who is using MPI at their dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Pontiac Vibe, 01 Dodge Ram, 01 Honda CBR600
Who is using MPI at their dealership?

We had a Tech meeting at work last Thursday and it was mainly about MPI http://www.mpifix.com/

They (management) gave us the info about this program but they didn't have much info in the first place. We have a an MPI rep coming next month that will be with us for 4 days, training us when we initially launch.

I have a millions questions for those of you using this program. I have doubts about it. I can see the potential but I can also see it going very bad.

For example: a Soccer mom bringing in her 164 for her COMAND not working and after that problem is taken care of, she also gets a laundry list of, let's say, suspension components and brakes needing to be changed. Her response is "all i came in for was my radio"...

The rest of her response could be "that's great to know ahead of time. we can schedule that for some other time" or "what are you doing under my car in the first place?"

80% of people already feel as if the dealership service department is a complete rip off so that makes the odds greater for this system to backfire.

Don't get me wrong, i'm hoping MPI works great but at this point in time, I just don't see it happening.

So for those of you using MPI, how do you like it? What are the biggest pros and cons?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Seems superfluous to me, as the car is in every 10/13K miles for inspections anyway. If following the inspection schedule, there isn't anything that can't wait unless it's damage.

I suppose it could be a benefit to those dumb enough to not follow the recommended service intervals or not get them done by dealer or Mercedes-trained independent, but then can't see how it will have much effect on those folks anyway.

It reads like a waste of money to me, but unfortunately once the dealer buys it there will be maximum effort to make it pay.

It sounds like more "flushing" for sure.

Note: lots of folks don't realize it, but in many ways the maintenance booklet that comes with their car is a nice defense mechanism against dealers attempting to do more. Your car needs NO MORE than what's in the booklet.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
CLA45

Last edited by mb techman; 09-23-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Pontiac Vibe, 01 Dodge Ram, 01 Honda CBR600
Completely forgot about this thread...

We launch MPI tomorrow. We will see how it does. I see it working for a flat rate shop but my dealer doesn't flat rate. We are on an hourly + incentive/bonus.

Why did it only last a year at your dealership?