Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Warning: Vehicle Information Packet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Angry Warning: Vehicle Information Packet

I was looking to get a copy of the window sticker for my specific vehicle. I e-mailed MBUSA asking for this information and gave proof of ownership and VIN#.
MBUSA responded by saying they would be happy to send me a "Vehicle Information Packet" that contains information about my vehicle type for $50.
The window sticker could no longer be obtained unless I order the packet.

In the past, a copy of the window sticker has been sent for free, so I assumed (like an idiot) that the $50 packet would be some glorious brochure about the S600 in some sort of thick leatherbound (facetious) book full of great information about the technical achievements and features of the S600.
I received the packet, which was 5 pieces of paper they printed off which lists the accessory codes for my vehicle (ex. 309 cup holders, 384 teleaid).

I called back MBUSA and explained that the informational packet I received was not as expected, and that I would like a refund. The service rep explained the $50 goes into research about my vehicle, and cannot be refunded. I told her that all the information I received is freely available to any anyone on the internet through EPCnet.com. She repeated the charge is not refundable.

What a bunch of crap. Fair warning, don't buy the "Vehicle Information Packet" for $50 from Mercedes. Just go to EPCnet and print off the info for free.

/rant