Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

C63 vs. Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
C63 vs. Boxster

So I'm between a rock and a hard place. I've already sold my C350 to a family friend. I spent the day looking at new replacements and have narrowed it down to two totally different cars. Please post your thoughts and let me know what you would do.

2012 C63 AMG: Wow, what a car. Got to test the 2011 C63 AMG fully loaded with the AMG PP. I couldn't keep my foot off the pedal! The power and sound is absolutely amazing! There is so much power which in turn had me smiling like a kid again. I don't think a 30HP difference will change how that test drive went so I'm planning, if I pick the 2012 C63, to only get metallic paint and the premium package. The other options are not necessary for me.

2011 Porsche Boxster: Nowhere near the amount of power that the C63 had, but what a great car to drive. So well balanced through turns with enough power to put you back in the seat a little. The 6 speed transmission was a pleasure to drive, the shifts nice and short, clutch very smooth. This one only includes the Chrono package, sound system upgrade, 18" wheels and heated seats and steering wheel (nice to have during our cold winters here). Now at MSRP, I would pay the extra $$$ to get the C63. No brainer. However, the Porsche is only 2/3 the cost of the C63 (C63 is 50% more than the price of the Boxster if its easier to think of it that way).

I'll be moving into a new condo in a few months so the cheaper Boxster makes the most economic sense as I'll get it for a great price and I still get a great drivers car; it is a Porsche after all! On the other hand, the C63 is just an amazing car with so much power and amenities with the premium package. I've grown accustomed to the great sound system, keyless go, and media centre in my C350. What would you do?

*** I know this is a Merc forum so try and think on an even playing field given the situation!! ***
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 09'/ K2500HD /01 Starex
Hmmmm. Decisions, well based on what your likings and appeal to the c63 why hold anything back. You only live once so I would choose the AMG over anything.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
The boxster is for the people that want a Porsche but can't afford a real performance Porsche in my honest opinion. Also kind of a woman's car in my opinion. The C63 is a nice car and the high end version and has some of the best Mercedes has to offer.

So you can have the red headed step child Porsche, or a thoroughbred Mercedes. You drove both and it sounds like the benz makes you happier. If you can honestly afford it do it and don't have the regrets every time something fast flies off the line next to you for the next 3-5 years you own the pocket rocket Porsche.

Last edited by BBBSS; 01-28-2012 at 02:13 AM.