Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Hello! Board newbie, but not to MB...just wanted to say hi, and welcome myself ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 VW W8 Variant, 02 CLK320 Cabrio, 02 Acura MDX
Hello! Board newbie, but not to MB...just wanted to say hi, and welcome myself ;)

I just found this forum! I have had MBs for 5 years, and they have been in and out of my family since I was growing up.

Here's a pic of my bone-stock but still loved current MB:

It is a 2001, Quartz Blue/Ash CLK320. I hope to add some rims soon, and maybe the 430 front spoiler. I want to keep it clean though.

I had an ML430 previously...a great engine and generally a fun truck...it was trouble-free in the larger sense, but unfortunately it was one of the 1st gens, and the downmarket interior fittings, squeaks and rattles, and lack of some common MB options made me replace it a few years ago.

For the CLK, purchased at Autohaus in Pompano, the intention was to check up on the wait list for our car in silver with grey interior...and sitting on the floor was this 'pre-owned' 02 CLK320 in one of the most gorgeous colors I had seen on an MB. I'm not sure if all the dealers used the same tactic, but Autohaus had been buying back some CLKs which were purchased by people looking to turn it over for quick profit; it gave them a way to have some cars on the lot to avoid the horrendous wait list. Of course, over-list prices were quite the norm. Giving in to temptation, the CLK came home with me that night!

Glad to know there are some MB forums...I have been participating in the forums for VW and Audi, and always wondered if there was such a thing for MBs!! I am a fan of European cars, having owned Alfa Romeos, Peugeots, Mercedes, VW, and BMW, and growing up with a father who drove everything from Triumphs to Peugeots.

Currently in the garage are the above-mentioned CLK320 Cabrio, and my wonderful 2003 VW W8 Variant...the mean wagon! The 02 MDX is a leaser, which will probably be replaced at the end of the lease next year (nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't have a personality). I may consider the new VW Touareg or the revised ML...I won't worry about it until next year.

Anyway, I hope to find a friendly and knowledgeable group of people here, and look forward to gleaning more knowledge on Mercedes vehicles and seeing some nice cars!

Last edited by zackiedawg; 07-08-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:17 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Alow me to be the first to say WELCOME! Have fun and enjoy the board.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:40 PM

03 VW W8 Variant, 02 CLK320 Cabrio, 02 Acura MDX
Thank you! I already spent a little time fishing around and causing trouble in some other discussion threads.

I hate it when I find something new and interesting when I am at work...I'm trying to get work done, and I keep popping in here to check threads!