Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Xentry 9.2011 – Entry for retrofit and modification access problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Benz, BMW
Xentry 9.2011 – Entry for retrofit and modification access problems

Hello, I am wondering if someone can help. I am trying to change the behavior of side rear view mirror of the passenger side to tilt down while in rear shift position. I tried to access “Entry for retrofit and modification” section. However, the Star system is trying to establish internet connection to the online systems. The connection cannot be established. As a result, the star is no allowing me to go further. I am wondering if there is a fix to it. How can I do modifications correctly using Start C3 with Xentry 9. 2011?
Any advice is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Which chassis is it ?

The function you want is stored in the cluster. "Spiegeleinstellung" = vorhanden

That is the string you need to determine. You can also enable the cluster menu.

This function is not a retrofit and has no code. It is a sub feature of memory package 275. But don't put 275.

If you have a pre-2012 car you can do this with DAS. In this instance Old versions of DAS can be a good tool.

I presume you have the passenger mirror activated in the mirror selection switch. Otherwise it won't work.

I am also assuming the car does not have memory package and you just want the mirror to flip down on reverse after installing the memory mirror frame.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Benz, BMW
I tried to nail it but without success yet. I am trying to do it on Mercedes GL 450 CDI 4MATIC (X164), 2007. I found an option to make US market or European setup using DAS. I tried to setup in both modes but still the mirror does not tilt. Perhaps, there is another way of doing. Thank you.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by vladc77
I tried to nail it but without success yet. I am trying to do it on Mercedes GL 450 CDI 4MATIC (X164), 2007. I found an option to make US market or European setup using DAS. I tried to setup in both modes but still the mirror does not tilt. Perhaps, there is another way of doing. Thank you.
For this car you must use 03/2010 (the newest version that is useful). Anything after this date is painful.

You must code the passenger door controller to have memory and then also have memory mirror frame. Then you must engage in developer mode via das.

Then after that do a normal RESET MODULE on the cluster under ACTUATIONS