Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Airmatic Isuues (leak?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz E55 AMG 2004
Exclamation Airmatic Isuues (leak?)

My Mercedes Benz E55 AMG 2004, started having Airmatic suspension issues. It started 3 days ago. It was on the Drivers side we drove about half an hour home and left home to go to a store we were on the highway but we realized a sign popped up saying,"STOP CAR TOO LOW TO DRIVE!" By the time we made it home our driver's side had completely been lowered down. There was a weird sound coming from the suspension area in the upper tire ring. "EEEEEEEEEEEE" The next day we had it towed, and later on we went to go work on the car. We had taken out the tire and under "armor" of the car and we started it up and timed the air suspension length, it went for 2 minutes and stopped. We tried spraying soapy water onto it and we still couldn't find the source of our air leak. When we were timing the air suspension length it got really hot and shut off. Also i feel like the air suspension try's to pump up the air to the air struts but somehow it tries so hard and there might be a block and it shuts off , any one can help please? Also i was wondering about the button in the car that is the left bottom of the shift gears?