Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Looking for front license plate "bumper"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-MB
Looking for front license plate "bumper"

I've seen these black rubber-looking items on people's license plates. Although not very aesthetically pleasing, I'm looking for one.

Here's my best shot at a description: It's black, made of plastic or rubber, about 4" wide, 1.5" high, 1.5" deep. It has a screw hole on each end so that you can attach it to the top of your license plate between the two top screws (i.e., remove screws and thread them through this thing).

So, when all is said and done, you have a piece of black stuff that sticks out about 1.5" from the front of the car and acts like a little extra bumper for parallel parking, etc.

Anyone seen on of these? Can you point me to a place (online or chain offline) that has it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
From the description, it sounds like my EZPass transponder. Are you in the US. In which part of the country are you in. EZPass allows you to drive through a toll without stopping (slow to about 5 mph) and have the toll automatically charged to your account.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:30 AM

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
2020 E63S4S
Definitely sounds like an external ez-pass tag.