Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB and Lemon Law Buybacks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55
MB and Lemon Law Buybacks

I'm curious if anyone in Texas has any experience dealing with Mercedes on a a buyback? My CLK55 has been down over a week on it's 3rd visit for the same failure. They don't know what is causing it, but the car acts like it's out of gas when it is not. Thus far they've replaced fuel pumps, fuel sensors, fuel lines, the fuel tank, and probably more...but that's what I've gotten out of the service advisor.

Early on the Eliectronic Ignition System failed and was replaced...so the car has been hauled in on a flatbed 4 times in the 3 years I've owned it. The last three failures occured in a 10 day period.

From what I've been able to learn of the Texas Lemon Law I'm S.O.L. 'cause the car is over 2 years old. (in service date of 11/00) and I technically bought it used (a month lod with ~200 miles on it).

What I'm curious is if anyone has any firsthand experience with Mercedes possibly working beyond the Lemon Law Statute on a good-faith basis, or even just to keep up customer satisfaction. I'd be interested in another Mercedes, I really think it's jsut this particular car.

That said, I had an appraisal to trade it in on a 911 cabriolet this weekend (I was kind of upset that the car was still down) and got a $37k trade in offer....on a car that had a "guaranteed residual" of $46K+ scheduled for a year from now! So part of why I'm examining the lemon law is to see if I can negotiate a buyback closer to the residual in the contract.

I'm also told that AMG sales are a little slow in the DFW area and a new CLK55 could be had for at or below invoice....so I'm curious.

Anyhow, any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:24 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
I had something very similar sounding on a new 1992 300ce the dealer replaced everything and nothing...turned out I had been getting bad gasoline! Once the tank and fuel system was flushed and they got gas from a station I was not using all was perfect.