Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Courtesy Buy-Back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 SLK55
MB Courtesy Buy-Back

In my search for a used MB ('02 CL55 or CL600) I find instances where a vehicle that is offered for sale is a "MB courtesy buy back". Should I not consider such vehicles, even if they are still under warranty? In many cases, the are offered at a healthy discount from the norm presumably because people (like me) are wary of them. I would appreciate any input you can give.

Thanks,
Old 12-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
I have heard of situations where dealers will allow a customer to terminate a lease on a vehicle early, because the dealer can sell a 2 year old vehicle at a considerably hight price than a 4 year old vehicle. I beleive I have heard the term courtesy used in a transaction like that. I wonder if that is what they are refering to when they call the cars courtesy buy backs. If that is the case, you probably don't have any worries.

Just a thought.....
Old 12-03-2003, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Check service history.....

Check the service history to see if there was a recurring problem that could not be solved and perhaps that is the reason for the buy back. There could be many reasons for a buy back that are not bad reasons.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:19 AM

Mercedes S430 '00
Most of them are people turning in their leases early to upgrade to a more expensive car. The dealer calls it a courtesy buy-back.

Dizzy