Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Improving the W222: Your input & ideas wanted!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazda3 (Previous: 2006 E350)
Lightbulb Improving the W222: Your input & ideas wanted!

Hello there! I posted this in the W222 subforum but realized putting it under general would probably expose it to more Mercedes drivers.

I am student at one of the leading automotive design schools, Art Center College of Design. I am doing a project focused on what features S-Class could have in the near future, particularly as vehicles become more autonomous. My area of study is Interaction Design, so I am focusing on the screens in the vehicle, rather than specific performance stats, etc.

I would greatly appreciate answers to any/all of the following questions, your input will shape my entire design process!

1. With smartphones there are app stores that let you do almost anything with your phone. If there was an app store for your S-Class, what kind of app would you download first?

2. Compared to your previous car, what is most surprising about the W222 to you? (Even if it was a previous S-Class)

3. After you turn on the car, is there anything you do frequently before beginning to drive? (IE input destination, plug in phone, etc)

4. Do you feel anything is difficult to use, find, or understand in the command system?

5. What features do you use the most in the command system? (Example: Fragrance infusion, seat massage)

6. What is your most and least favorite part of the command system?

7. How long is your typical commute?

If you have anything else you'd like to share about your experience with the W222, positive or negative, I would love to hear about it.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Evan Guzman

Last edited by EvanG; 11-08-2014 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Added bold type for questions