Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Need halp--Electric Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55 AMG
Need halp--Electric Seats

Couldn't figure a better place to ask. Bought a set of AMG seats to install on my 1983 300CD as part of a restoration/modernization project. had a young man very well versed on electric car electrical systems who had figured out how to manage around the seats electrical system to operate the seats without the original computer. He had made the done the same thing with his old 300D so I knew it would work. Unfortunately before he could start working on my seats his mother fell ill and he transitioned back to New Mexico. So now I have a set of AMG seats sitting in my garage and no one I know to work on them. Questions; has anyone in the forum ever perform such an alteration? Can the electric seats be manually tricked into position? I am the only one driving the car so if I could get them to move to place them in the correct seat position that too would be satisfactory. Any help will be truly appreciated.