Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Brake problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004 | 07:50 PM

2003 e320 my baby
Brake problems?

I was driving down the freeway the other day and a drunk driver spun out right in front of me and swirved. So i slammed my brakes [had no other choice] and pulled over to see if the guy was alright.

The next day i noticed that my stops dont come to a smooth stop. I have to somewhat "milk it" to stop smoothly without a sudden jerk at the end. Could it have to do with my brake fluid? help me

shes brand new too..
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My opinion is that the panic stop got the brakes hot and since you didn't have time to cool them off, some brake pad material bonded to the rotors while you were stopped. Some pads are worse for this than others, especially when new.
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally posted by Lynn
My opinion is that the panic stop got the brakes hot and since you didn't have time to cool them off, some brake pad material bonded to the rotors while you were stopped. Some pads are worse for this than others, especially when new.
Yea...hard braking is usually advised against in a new car as the brakes need to be broken in...but by all means, you gotta do what you gotta do to stop in time. Have the dealer check it out, just tell them it's not braking right :p

-G-