Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Various MB Improvement Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 02:53 PM

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
2023 Maybach GLS600, 2023 Bentley Bentayga, 2023 Genesis GV60, 2017 AMG GLS63
Various MB Improvement Suggestions

I have/had six Mercedes-Benz automobiles now, and love them. But in the spirit of continuous improvement, here are my suggestions to make them even better:

Don't make me hold down the seat memory button to adjust the seat. Push once and be done, and push again to stop in case of entrapment. That's 16 seconds of time I never get back in my life while I'm waiting for the motors to whir.

Why in the world do you have the "don’t forget your key” message and chime every time I open the driver's door? I obviously can't lock the car unless I have the key with me outside of the car, and the car's not going to start if I get in having forgotten my key! How stupid is this completely useless annoyance??

Can you wait five seconds before sounding the seatbelt chime? I like starting the car and THEN putting on my seat belt. Can you tell I'm sensitive to extraneous noises?

Some old-schoolers like it I'm sure, but can we do away with the stupid analog clock now? Even if it's an IWC. It's really difficult to tell the time without studying the tiny hands to see if it's 4:25 or 5:20.

The stereo should have a 0-40 volume visual indicator, so I can tell where I'm setting the volume.

Go back to putting amber turn signals on all four corners of the car. Stupid Americans have convinced you that having red turn signals is somehow cool. It's dangerous and actually illegal in some states.

Do away with all skeumorphisms. Analog speedometers created on a digital display? Give me a break. Analog takes up useless screen real estate and is much harder to read at a glance.

I'm sure you know this, but you're going to have to put hybrid gas/electric in most every car, to keep up with CAFE and the instant torque of the Tesla.

I'm sure you will someday, but having 4Matic with Magic Body Control would be way cool.

Really, no heated steering wheel in the SL roadster? Come on!

Allow us to set a country setting so when we read the digital owner's manual, it tells me no more and no less than what's available in MY car in MY country. And while you're at it, allow me to turn off all safety warnings in the digital manual, so I don't have to wade through endless crap to get to the instructions.

Make Distrionic Plus less sensitive to going under bridges that have open girders, which seem to confuse the system and cause it to flash the red warning for a nonexistent hazard.

That's it for now. Keep up the good work, you brilliant German engineers!

-Jim