Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Chances of getting hired

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passat
Question Chances of getting hired

I am a college student who recently applied to be a salesman at a local dealership. I talked with the manager numerous times, in person and on the phone, and he said he's hiring 2 people this week, and nobody that has applied has any experience just like myself. He went on to talk about the salary/commission and what the customers were like. He sounded very positive and said he would keep me in mind and call me this week to tell me if I'm hired or not. Is this just the run of mill manager spiel or is this a positive sign of me actually getting a job?? Thanks!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic, 2011 335i; 2006 C230 (sold 4 yrs ago)
Originally Posted by thatguy2538
I am a college student who recently applied to be a salesman at a local dealership. I talked with the manager numerous times, in person and on the phone, and he said he's hiring 2 people this week, and nobody that has applied has any experience just like myself. He went on to talk about the salary/commission and what the customers were like. He sounded very positive and said he would keep me in mind and call me this week to tell me if I'm hired or not. Is this just the run of mill manager spiel or is this a positive sign of me actually getting a job?? Thanks!
Honestly it's probably just the run of the mill job interview stuff - telling the applicants what the job is like.
Is this a MB Dealership? From what I have seen at MB/BMW/Audi dealers they tend to have sales guys that are a little older. College students are often lot porters, shuttle drivers, detailers and customer service type positions.
But I've seen college students at Toyota, Honda and GM dealerships. It might just depend on your area.