Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

[rant/hate] thanks Mercedes, now I can't afford Xmas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast
[rant/hate] thanks Mercedes, now I can't afford Xmas

WARNING! hate, rant, whining, *****ing and dissing will follow.

Long story short... Bought a w204 C-class. Loved it for 3 years, two months after the warranty ends, she repaid my loving care... *****.

Drivers side door panel leather got odd ripples in it, eventually broke a hole in it... MB leather care didn't do anything to help it. Real quality there...
300 bucks since you have to buy the ENTIRE door panel.

Then driving a longer trip, battery warning goes off, mid-drive... "ok" and 20miles later the whole car dies. 30 miles from nearest gas-station.
Alternator died. Jeah, thanks for the warning.
Wasn't very fun sitting in the cold for two hours till the tow-truck got there.
Next day the bomb dropped, 1500 euros!! + work
Is that thing made out of gold or something? 18 wheelers have cheaper alternators. No, really, they do.
[insert puppies being drowned here]

Few days later shifting becomes "weird" and revs won't go past 3k, kickdown won't downshift.
I shut her down, start her up, engine light pops...
Next day on my way to the dealer the car STALLS on the steep hill heading there cause I can't downshift.
Longest tow ever, all 96 meters.
Air-mass-meter-whatever, "only 999 euros!"
[insert pan-frying kittens here]

The fun never ends!
Few days later odd noises and increased fuel eating starts.
Then on a hill I feel as if I was suddenly towing a house and small "twitch" followed by a nasty grinding sound.
Back to the shop, this time I made it.
Rear differential had blown it's bearings.
Had those go on old cars before, 40 bucks a pop...
But no. You can't buy the bearings, you have to buy the WHOLE THING, and for a mere price of 1300 euros.
They make the bearings but they can't sell em separate. Brilliance.
[insert microwaving kittens here]

But why stop there...
Next morning, picking her up I smell something burning and luckily nothing did, EXCEPT the seat heater "resistors" or one of em, then all the rest as they then took the whole voltage but were one man short. Could have burned my whole car... Maybe it should have.
Resistors like that are up to 10 euros a pop. Add Mercedes logo and it's motherfriggin SEVEN HUNDRED euros as you have to buy the entire seating... Oh and make that times two, the backrest had cooked the same parts. 1400 euros! Sweet jeebuz!
Its minus 10 and dropping outside so I kinda need that heater.
[insert spike clubbing seal cubs here]

Recent MOT barely passed, front and rear shocks almost out.
Also a 2-tone yawning noise when idke is starting to worry me because I can't afford to pay any more repairs.
[image Justin and Britney doing duo and being forced to listen]

Anyone wanna do the math how much credit card debt I have now? Time-wise about four months till I can pay it off.

Soooo...

Dear Santa.
This christmas YOU have a single choice, because I know where you live, I also live in Finland and I have high-power scoped rifle.
Unless you want Rudolf to retire early, bring me a W124.

Ps: Google it fatso.

Last edited by peelo; 12-14-2015 at 12:26 PM.