Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Brake release handle issue in my CLS 550.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 550
Brake release handle issue in my CLS 550.

Hi all. I have a 2012 CLS 550. In the past month or so, I have had a problem getting the parking brake to release, primarily when I start the car in the morning. I have had to pull on the handle 2-3 times to get the brake to release. Later in the day the brake usually releases with one pull as it should.

I had my MB dealership (90 minutes away in another town) look at it twice and they said they could find nothing wrong. They thought it might have something to do with the cold. Yesterday I had to pull the handle 8-9 times to release the brake and I'm not going to set the parking brake again until I can figure out what is wrong. I'm now afraid that if I set the parking brake I will have a stuck car.

Do any of you have any suggestions for what might be wrong? I will probably take it to my local independent shop to have another set of eyes look at it; I'm just too busy with work to deal with that right now so any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
2023 e450 cabriolet, 2015 s550, 2024 c300 , 2006 E55, 2005 e320, 2007 gl450, 2014 e63
Originally Posted by DRWWE
Hi all. I have a 2012 CLS 550. In the past month or so, I have had a problem getting the parking brake to release, primarily when I start the car in the morning. I have had to pull on the handle 2-3 times to get the brake to release. Later in the day the brake usually releases with one pull as it should.

I had my MB dealership (90 minutes away in another town) look at it twice and they said they could find nothing wrong. They thought it might have something to do with the cold. Yesterday I had to pull the handle 8-9 times to release the brake and I'm not going to set the parking brake again until I can figure out what is wrong. I'm now afraid that if I set the parking brake I will have a stuck car.

Do any of you have any suggestions for what might be wrong? I will probably take it to my local independent shop to have another set of eyes look at it; I'm just too busy with work to deal with that right now so any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.
I had that on my 2014 e350 I cranked it really hard down first then pulled it did that 3 times and it worked
Old 11-24-2022, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls350
Sticking Parking Break

[

Hi there I am experiencing the exact same problem on my 2016 CLS350. Did you ever find a fix for this problem please? Many thanks R.

QUOTE=DRWWE;6657040]Hi all. I have a 2012 CLS 550. In the past month or so, I have had a problem getting the parking brake to release, primarily when I start the car in the morning. I haveto pull on the handle 2-3 times to get the brake to release. Later in the day the brake usually releases with one pull as it should.

Do any of you have any suggestions for what might be wrong? I will probably take it to my local independent shop to have another set of eyes look at it; I'm just too busy with work to deal with that right now so any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.[/QUOTE]