Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

HELP! Insurance trying to screw me over!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 mercedes c300
HELP! Insurance trying to screw me over!

Hows it going fellow members,

Looking to get some input on a situation I am currently struggling with at the moment.

Here are the details;
On new years eve I was involved in an accident.(not my fault) I was hit on the rear passenger side fender. Just over 5k worth of damages. took the car in Jan 4th and received it back Jan 20th. All the cosmetic repairs were done very well, my issue comes from a sensor that has been triggered AFTER I got it back from the shop. I did NOT see it before the accident and did NOT see it for the short time I had it after the accident. The message appears on my dashboard as follows;
"Rear Right Seatback Not Latched" and "Rear Left Seatback Not Latched".
I brought it up to the insurance right before I left the lot and we tried pushing the rear seatback hoping it would latch or trigger the sensor back but no luck. Unlatched and latched it back on but also no luck, still comes up on my display.
I told the insurance to let me drive it around and put a few miles on it and hopefully the sensors would reset. Its been a couple days now but still no luck. Called the insurance back and now they are giving me the run around telling me that the shop got the computer codes and that the sensors are for the FRONT seats (even though the display clearly says REAR). Now all they can do is take it to a MB dealership and run a diagnostic on it. If they cant trace that the display showing up wasn't due to the accident then that I would have to pay for it out of my pocket. Also main reason I went through them was because they "guaranteed" their work to deliver my car back to pre-loss conditions.

Ok now that you have the details how would you approach this? Should I demand they send it back to the shop and fix it? should I risk it and have them send it to the MB dealership? Lawyer?

Note that I have been very patient with the insurance company up to this point.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thank you
Daniel Salais

this is the damage done to my baby. (please dont bash me about the dirt. it had been raining all week lol)

this appears on my dashboard as soon as I turn on the car and close the doors (left)

this appears on my dashboard as soon as I turn on the car and close the doors (right)