Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes-Benz Posts Record Sales Month, C-Class Leads Charge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 01:34 PM
IB Staff

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Mercedes-Benz Posts Record Sales Month, C-Class Leads Charge

Mercedes-Benz rolled into May scoring its best April sales month ever in the United States, pretty much confirming that if you own a 'Benz, you're in good company.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage. >>
Old 05-10-2016, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
That's good news...
I guess MBs are becoming popular.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350
What I absolutely love about the MB's story is they are absolutely CRUSHING BMW.

BMW sales are truly dismal, and the 3-series, BMW's bread-and-butter, is down well over 30%+ MoM. They're new 7-series is a HUGE flop, they can't even move them off the lot.

When you read the latest news "///M-arketing" coming out of BMW's PR machine, they're blaming everything from gas prices, macroeconomics, to sun spots, and refuse to admit, they SUCK and made horrible strategic decisions starting in mid-2000 that has truly wrecked a once great car company. They wanted to be Toyota. They became neither. And it's going to take them many, many years to climb out of this hole they created for themselves.

I was a long-time BMW owner, from 1991 through 2008, owned quite a few BMWs including two amazing M3s. But I witnessed first-hand their relentless value-engineering, their cheapened products and over-hyped marketing that seemed to happen overnight... And I never looked back since. Because I knew it was only a matter of time before it exploded in their faces.

Well, it has exploded in their faces and all their fancy buildings ($$$) and "BMW Stores" modeled after Apple, and their unbelievably silly "Genius" program taken directly out of Apple's playbook for their cars, was a huge corporate blunder.

You couldn't even get me into a BMW dealership and I couldn't be happier or more proud of Mercedes for sticking to the "formula" and remaining true to the brand decade after decade.

Last edited by Count Laszlo; 05-15-2016 at 08:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
X Auto (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Cultus
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Count Laszlo
What I absolutely love about the MB's story is they are absolutely CRUSHING BMW.

BMW sales are truly dismal, and the 3-series, BMW's bread-and-butter, is down well over 30%+ MoM. They're new 7-series is a HUGE flop, they can't even move them off the lot.

When you read the latest news "///M-arketing" coming out of BMW's PR machine, they're blaming everything from gas prices, macroeconomics, to sun spots, and refuse to admit, they SUCK and made horrible strategic decisions starting in mid-2000 that has truly wrecked a once great car company. They wanted to be Toyota. They became neither. And it's going to take them many, many years to climb out of this hole they created for themselves.

I was a long-time BMW owner, from 1991 through 2008, owned quite a few BMWs including two amazing M3s. But I witnessed first-hand their relentless value-engineering, their cheapened products and over-hyped marketing that seemed to happen overnight... And I never looked back since. Because I knew it was only a matter of time before it exploded in their faces.

Well, it has exploded in their faces and all their fancy buildings ($$$) and "BMW Stores" modeled after Apple, and their unbelievably silly "Genius" program taken directly out of Apple's playbook for their cars, was a huge corporate blunder.

You couldn't even get me into a BMW dealership and I couldn't be happier or more proud of Mercedes for sticking to the "formula" and remaining true to the brand decade after decade.
Well Said, BMWs not offering value for money these days...
Old 05-16-2016, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Cultus
The new C-Class is a sensation on design functionality !!! Great work MB !