Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes ML 550 2008
steering wheel

Hi everybody,
Can anybody help me, I want to change my steering wheel on ML550 2008.I looked everywhere but nothing much.I want a wooden one.
any idea ?
Old 02-18-2021, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G55 AMG
2011 G55 Steering Upgrade

@Kobzarhomes
hello bud. Considering that you did the steering upgrade I have a question. I purchased a 2015 C class steering wheel too to do the upgrade on my car (2011 G55) but I seem to have an issue that I am not sure how to fix. I communicated with the Russian guy for the module and everything works fine as far as electronics after he sent me the module. My issue is installing the steering wheel itself. The new ones have a different “notch” that goes into the steering column. Old steering wheels metal part that goes into the steering column is smaller in diameter and fits right in into the clock spring like a glove and the new steering wheel has a wider metal connector and also has a couple of notches that don’t fit perfect in the clock spring. I broke my clock spring when I started to tighten down the steering wheel bolt. Any chance you can help with your experience? How did you resolve it? If I don’t tie it down all the way the steering wheel is lose. As the splinter don’t really go in all that much since the new metal connector is wider and longer than the original steering wheel “connecter”. I really hope I explained myself. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 164 Posts
2011 Mercedes E550 Sport
Hello
I sent them my actual steering wheel and they had to machine the shaft a bit to make it fit and also they sent me a spacer that you glue on to the back of the steering wheel so it covers the 1 inch gap that you will have between the steering wheel and the steering column.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG
Damn, I have SLS envy. Chris M. If I bought that one I may have been in divorce court.