Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Ac isn't working in my '05 s500!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2016 | 04:17 PM

2005 s500
Ac isn't working in my '05 s500!

I bought this car at the beginning of this month & the air immediately went out after a few days of coming on and off. We've changed the blower AND regulator and still nothing. Any suggestions? Also I bought it from a used car lot, not the dealership so it didn't have a warranty; is there something Mercedes offers?

The console works, and as far as it knows it's blowing. I can adjust the temp and controls but nothing comes out. Not even hot air. Should I just take it to a trusted mechanic and let them diagnose it? I love this car but this air is driving me crazy considering it's black on black in August and I live on the coast.
Old 08-19-2016 | 07:15 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
You are screwed---the fan speeds and all fan controls are implemented by the AC control unit and assuming you changed the fan and resister with a new one,you have a faulty AC control module.

A dealer can help by supplying the correct part!!
Old 08-26-2016 | 12:14 AM

1996 Mercedes-Benz S420
Originally Posted by CourtneyK
I bought this car at the beginning of this month & the air immediately went out after a few days of coming on and off. We've changed the blower AND regulator and still nothing. Any suggestions? Also I bought it from a used car lot, not the dealership so it didn't have a warranty; is there something Mercedes offers?

The console works, and as far as it knows it's blowing. I can adjust the temp and controls but nothing comes out. Not even hot air. Should I just take it to a trusted mechanic and let them diagnose it? I love this car but this air is driving me crazy considering it's black on black in August and I live on the coast.
The problen might be your AC evaporator core hopefully its not,they usually have to move the entire dashboard,its a very costly repair,Good luck...