Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Newb questions - service manual, maintenance schedule?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
06 S65
Newb questions - service manual, maintenance schedule?

Where can I can the repair manual for my vehicle? Does the manual have the maintenance schedule? If not, where do I find the maintenance schedule? My owners manual gives very basic information which doesn't include a maintenance schedule. It doesn't even say what oil I should be using.
Old 11-23-2023, 07:47 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
GLS 450 (2022)
I've never been able to find a good description of what's required at each service interval. I think MB hides it in order to force you to a MB dealer for service. With regards to oil types, I was able to find the MB engine oil spec number somewhere in my documentation. It should look something like this "MB 229.52". For this particular oil (2022 X167 GLS450 with M256 engine), I was forced to go to MB to buy it as I could not find an oil that met that spec in the stores or online in the viscosity used at my dealers. Quite a pain for something that should be simple, but then again it's a Merc! Once you find the MB spec number, go online and find ones that meet it. It will say on the container what MB specs it meets.

Last edited by Scott Schmidt; 11-24-2023 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-07-2024, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 cl63 amg
Hi ! New to forums,this being my first. finally have my dream car ,and, along with it a sweet parasitic battery drain!! Ohh,the love of labor ! anyway my concern is initial start-up after letting it sit in my driveway till march. Anyone with some decent feedback would be appreciated ! Thanks!