Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Benz Model Release Dates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Post Mercedes Benz Model Release Dates

I have managed to not only get a hold on some very good inside official information with confidential model release dates, but I also managed to get a copy of the list of model releases for the next couple of years, and I'll list some of the more interesting ones: Oh, and I also got confirmation that there will in fact be a CLS 65 [with the SL 65's twin-turbo AMG V-12], and I put an order in for one today (Even if for some crazy reason Benz changes their mind and it ends up being a CLS 63, I still want one). 8) Benz has contacted dealers and given the thumbs up it seems, but it looks like by the time it gets here it will be either a 2006 or 2007 model, and it will come at a good time to go against it's prime competitors such as the next-generation Porsche 997 twin-turbo coupe and M6 coupe .... it seems logical for the car to maybe be a good 15k to 20k more than an E55, so maybe the price will be between $110,00 to $120,000 hopefully.
Ok, so anyways here's some good data in no particular order:

July 2004: Official deliveries of U.S. CL 65 and SL 65 cars begin. These will be VERY limited production. Approx. MSRP will be $185,000.

Mid July 2004: Official arrivals in U.S. of SLR's.

August 2004: All-New SLK 350 and SLK 55 AMG arrive in U.S.

Late October 2004: G55 Supercharged arrives in U.S. as '05 model obviously.

First Quarter of 2005: All-New ML 350 and ML 500 arrive in U.S.. First ones delivered will be 4wd at first.

First Quarter of 2005: All-New GST Class (7-Passenger SUV) arrives. Will be more expensive than an ML, and will be 4WD.

First Quarter of 2005: New CLS arrives. Will be priced between E and S Class.

January 2006: CST (Small SUV) Launch. This will be a front wheel drive vehicle. (I guess this car will be made to compete against BMW X3 and Lexus/Acura small SUV's ??)

First Quarter 2006: The all-new ML gets its AMG-spec car, and will be called the ML 63 AMG.

Second Quarter of 2006: All-New G Class is lauched. It will be totally new car.

Fall of 2006: SMART car line is launched in U.S. :-?

Interestingly, no info was indicated for official release dates of all-new S & CL class.

Oh, one more thing: Today while I was at the dealer I drove a new SL 600 twin-turbo V-12, and it was much much faster than any new 55 car I've driven or stock twin-turbo 911. The seat of the pants feeling I got while stepping on the accelerator was unimaginable, and I still can't believe how fast it was. I had the top down, the car was black on black with AMG body and Michelin Pilot Sports, and it was brand new and handled beautifully, really impressed me a lot more than I thought it would. Beautiful fit and finish quality, everything was jewel-like or vault-like with Nappa leather and Alcantara covering everything, beautiful wood grain, just awesome .......Totally amazing car ... I have vastly more respect now for the SL's than I even did before. I have read a lot of conflicting stories on the new SL's online and in magazines, and today's drive just threw out the door almost all negative comments on the car. It seems that nothing can replace actualy driving a car before placing serious opinions on it, so I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend anyone that has the chance to drive one even if it's just for one minute ... it will change your views significantly ...... it rocketed forward with so much thrust from any speed that it seems unreal .... I can't imagine how fast the Renntech 650 horsepower version or the Vath Motortechnik 718 horsepower version is .....
My SL 65 comes in this coming Spring, and the CLS 65 not until looks like couple years after that, and I can't imagine how fast they're gonna be .....its crazy .....
Oh, and something else really surprised me: Every time I floored the accelerator from a stop, there was hardly any wheel-spin, and I thought for sure that the tires would spin out of control due to the huge torque reserves, so it must have been the smart computers running in overtime, or those tires were mighty sticky ... I believe on these cars on the back tires they're 285/35/ZR-18, correct? I think that's right .....

Last edited by SL65amg; 04-07-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Mercedes Benz Model Release Dates

What do you do for a living again??

Originally posted by SL65amg
I have managed to not only get a hold on some very good inside official information with confidential model release dates, but I also managed to get a copy of the list of model releases for the next couple of years, and I'll list some of the more interesting ones: Oh, and I also got confirmation that there will in fact be a CLS 65 [with the SL 65's twin-turbo AMG V-12], and I put an order in for one today (Even if for some crazy reason Benz changes their mind and it ends up being a CLS 63, I still want one). 8) Benz has contacted dealers and given the thumbs up it seems, but it looks like by the time it gets here it will be either a 2006 or 2007 model, and it will come at a good time to go against it's prime competitors such as the next-generation Porsche 997 twin-turbo coupe and M6 coupe .... it seems logical for the car to maybe be a good 15k to 20k more than an E55, so maybe the price will be between $110,00 to $120,000 hopefully.
Ok, so anyways here's some good data in no particular order:

July 2004: Official deliveries of U.S. CL 65 and SL 65 cars begin. These will be VERY limited production. Approx. MSRP will be $185,000.

Mid July 2004: Official arrivals in U.S. of SLR's.

August 2004: All-New SLK 350 and SLK 55 AMG arrive in U.S.

Late October 2004: G55 Supercharged arrives in U.S. as '05 model obviously.

First Quarter of 2005: All-New ML 350 and ML 500 arrive in U.S.. First ones delivered will be 4wd at first.

First Quarter of 2005: All-New GST Class (7-Passenger SUV) arrives. Will be more expensive than an ML, and will be 4WD.

First Quarter of 2005: New CLS arrives. Will be priced between E and S Class.

January 2006: CST (Small SUV) Launch. This will be a front wheel drive vehicle. (I guess this car will be made to compete against BMW X3 and Lexus/Acura small SUV's ??)

First Quarter 2006: The all-new ML gets its AMG-spec car, and will be called the ML 63 AMG.

Second Quarter of 2006: All-New G Class is lauched. It will be totally new car.

Fall of 2006: SMART car line is launched in U.S. :-?

Interestingly, no info was indicated for official release dates of all-new S & CL class.

Oh, one more thing: Today while I was at the dealer I drove a new SL 600 twin-turbo V-12, and it was much much faster than any new 55 car I've driven or stock twin-turbo 911. The seat of the pants feeling I got while stepping on the accelerator was unimaginable, and I still can't believe how fast it was. I had the top down, the car was black on black with AMG body and Michelin Pilot Sports, and it was brand new and handled beautifully, really impressed me a lot more than I thought it would. Beautiful fit and finish quality, everything was jewel-like or vault-like with Nappa leather and Alcantara covering everything, beautiful wood grain, just awesome .......Totally amazing car ... I have vastly more respect now for the SL's than I even did before. I have read a lot of conflicting stories on the new SL's online and in magazines, and today's drive just threw out the door almost all negative comments on the car. It seems that nothing can replace actualy driving a car before placing serious opinions on it, so I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend anyone that has the chance to drive one even if it's just for one minute ... it will change your views significantly ...... it rocketed forward with so much thrust from any speed that it seems unreal .... I can't imagine how fast the Renntech 650 horsepower version or the Vath Motortechnik 718 horsepower version is .....
My SL 65 comes in this coming Spring, and the CLS 65 not until looks like couple years after that, and I can't imagine how fast they're gonna be .....its crazy .....
Oh, and something else really surprised me: Every time I floored the accelerator from a stop, there was hardly any wheel-spin, and I thought for sure that the tires would spin out of control due to the huge torque reserves, so it must have been the smart computers running in overtime, or those tires were mighty sticky ... I believe on these cars on the back tires they're 285/35/ZR-18, correct? I think that's right .....
Old 04-08-2004, 12:04 AM
jhh
Almost a Member!

2005 E500
Re: Mercedes Benz Model Release Dates

Originally posted by SL65amg
I have managed to not only get a hold on some very good inside official information with confidential model release dates, but I also managed to get a copy of the list of model releases for the next couple of years, and I'll list some of the more interesting ones:
Any word on when the E350 will be released in the US?
Old 04-08-2004, 04:55 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Smile Not yet

Not yet, but when I find our I'll post it.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:55 PM
jhh
Almost a Member!

2005 E500
I know that AutoSpies is reporting that the E350 will be available "latest, midway through the 2005 model year," but I'd love to hear what your sources are saying, and most importantly, when they will actually start showing up in showrooms.

Here's the autospies article:

http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...&categoryId=10