Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Normal for a MB dealership to list a special order car for sale in new inventory?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 SL 450
Normal for a MB dealership to list a special order car for sale in new inventory?

I ordered a C300 Cabriolet back in Feb. It has arrived at the dealership and I noted tonight that it is listed for sale. Is this normal and/or ethical? Doesn't seem right to me seeing as we have agreed on a price and I have paid a deposit.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
They probably list every vehicle that comes in, without checking. The internet guy isn't a sales guy usually, his job is just to photograph and list every arrival.

Call the sales dept and see if you can make an offer on the car, that will tell you if it's marked sold or not.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Is there an e-price?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:56 PM

2020 SL 450
I've emailed the dealership using a different email address to inquire about availability, options and pricing. I will post the reply when I get it.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:18 PM

2020 SL 450
One more thing. The SA told me on Friday that the car would be arriving at the dealership on Saturday. He added that it was listed in their inventory and had been assigned an inventory number. He, also, said that he had not drilled the front bumper for a license plate bracket. What this tells me, I think, is that he acknowledges the car is mine while the dealership iis operating in a parallel universe.
One additional note: I received a DE1 discount (12%) from the general manager. As they are making no profit (save, perhaps, from a bonus for meeting quarterly sales objectives), is it possible that, seeing as it is the end of the week, month and quarter, they are trying to make a more profitable sale as well as meet their sales target? Don't mean to sound like a skeptic, but I haven't run into too many transparent dealers in my last forty-three years of car buying.