Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Active Curve unfixable!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
Active Curve unfixable!

MB can’t fix the active curve. They’ve approved a buy back. Awful. The suv has not worked correctly for most of the last year. What a waste. No more MB!

We have a 2017 GLS550 which we ordered w active curve. It is now at dealer for fourth time. Active curve stopped working without a warning light (I noticed on curves). They fixed a piece of hardware. Then multiple active curve inoperable lights. Dealer is now on fourth try to fix and even has mercedes engineering on it. They replaced a valve and fluid. I’ve reached out to a lemon law lawyer but hoping MB will just do refund. Awful. They keep performing fixed which I know won’t work — recalibrate and “bleed the lines 3-4 times) after they’ve already bled them. I told dealer we all know bleeding lines more wont work. It didn’t. Any advice on how to get our money back? We’ve also had gremlins in the pre-safe braking over metal plates in Road. They claim this is normal! Crazy. The pretentioner Fire periodically. Our BMW doesn’t do that! Thoughts?

Last edited by penn65000; 02-07-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
Update

They've not been able to fix active curve after 7 weeks -- we've requested buyback and dealer has admitted they can't fix (case is now "in Germany" whatever that means).

Originally Posted by penn65000
We have a 2017 GLS550 which we ordered w active curve. It is now at dealer for fourth time. Active curve stopped working without a warning light (I noticed on curves). They fixed a piece of hardware. Then multiple active curve inoperable lights. Dealer is now on fourth try to fix and even has mercedes engineering on it. They replaced a valve and fluid. I’ve reached out to a lemon law lawyer but hoping MB will just do refund. Awful. They keep performing fixed which I know won’t work — recalibrate and “bleed the lines 3-4 times) after they’ve already bled them. I told dealer we all know bleeding lines more wont work. It didn’t. Any advice on how to get our money back? We’ve also had gremlins in the pre-safe braking over metal plates in Road. They claim this is normal! Crazy. The pretentioner Fire periodically. Our BMW doesn’t do that! Thoughts?