Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

HELP: Trying to get my car bought back

Old 05-13-2004, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 c320wz
HELP: Trying to get my car bought back

Hello,
Ok here is the story. I bought my car on March 26, 2003. Ever since day 1 it has had problems. I took it in last October when I had my service A. well since then I took my car in for a service B and the dealership that I took it to has kept reinstalling things improperly. The first issue that occurred was that they curbed my rim. Then the scratched my bumper and when they tried to buff out the scratch they burned my paint. The other things I noticed were that they reinstalled the windshield wipers, driver side door, dash, hat rack, carpeting and steering wheel incorrectly. Oh and when they attempted to detail my car they sprayed acid on my calipers thus discoloring them badly. The next thing that happened was my engine all of sudden started to shake and sputter after the service B. well that’s the jest of what happened. My car has been in the shop since April 7th, a total of 25 cumulative days! Right now they’re not even finished with my car.

So now imp looking to get my car purchased back from me. Can anyone help me? I’ve been looking for a lawyer. I have contacted the dept. of consumer affairs and MBusa also. If anyone could help I would be very appreciative. Thank you in advance.

Here is a full account of my wonderful experience…
http://www.mbklasse.com/forums/showt...=&pagenumber=1

Last edited by tom incredibie; 05-13-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Wow! It sounds like you have a problem with your specific dealer though, and not with Mercedes. Still, I would contact a lawyer that deals with your state's lemon laws.

You needed service A AND service B in under 1 year??
Old 05-13-2004, 03:07 PM

'03 c320wz
yeah. my cars at 21k miles right now. had the car for just a little over 13 months, so far its a nightmare. does anyone have a good lawyer they want to recommend?
Old 05-13-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
Originally posted by revstriker
Wow! It sounds like you have a problem with your specific dealer though, and not with Mercedes. Still, I would contact a lawyer that deals with your state's lemon laws.

You needed service A AND service B in under 1 year??
It does sound like you are dealing with an incompetent dealer. Why don't you try other dealership for service? You aren't obligated to stick with one dealer and you should not have waited this long to put up with these craps. Good luck.

John
Old 05-14-2004, 12:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Given how difficult lemon law buybacks are to pursue even when you have a legitimate complaint with the quality of the car itself, I can't see how you'd be successful. Sorry to be a downer, but like the others said, you have a problem with that dealer. You could try to get them to give you a better car, but I think the best you'll be able to do is get them to pay for fixing what they themselves damaged...

GL.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:54 PM

'03 c320wz
the thing is is that i brought in my car on april 7th for a service B, they keep creating problems!!! my car isnt even finished and they put me back into it a couple times, because they told me it was finished. its been in for 25+ days. i do not trust them anymore. ive talked to mbusa 3 times now. today the mbusa survey team leader told me that the service manager at that dealership denied ever speaking to me. so i told him the story and now im going to talk with the regional mbusa manager. oh and btw, after the first incident at the dealership they told me my car was going to be getting "special" attention...
Old 05-20-2004, 03:56 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 S500
Tom, sorry to hear about your ordeal. You are having problems with a specific dealer but since they are an authorized MB dealer, it is MBUSA responsibility to ensure the quality of the work that is being performed. I think you are doing the right thing contacting MBUSA. I have contacted MBUSA about a problem that I had with my dealership. I would like to read about how MBUSA is dealing with the problem. I hope they take care of the problem to your satisfaction.

Here is the California Lemon Law http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/general/lemon.htm The website recommends that you contact an attorney to review your particular situation. There are websites that offer free evaluations. One that I came across when I searched California Lemon Law is http://lemonauto.com/lemonlaw_califo...rnia+lemon+law I'm sure there are many others. I have not had to deal with this problem so I can't really help you but I would see what MBUSA is willing to do and if you are not satisfied, then call for a free evaluation. Since its a free evaluation, I don't think it can hurt...but I don't really know.

I live in the LA area...can you tell me which dealership did this? If you don't want to publicize it, can you send me a PM? Good luck.