Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

No Boost from supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 mercedes c200 kompressor w203 sport edition
No Boost from supercharger

Gday all
I am rather new to the forums but I cant seem to find whats wrong with my car if anyone can help this is whats going on:
Haven't had this car long but I am having engine power trouble with it.
The car in question is a 2005 C200 W203 kompressor sports edition.
About three week a go, about 20mm of the end of the intake valve broke off and then was rammed into the head by the piston.
So I replace the engine in the car with another spare engine and every thing running fine for about two week, then one day while overtaking another car the following happen:
- All of the warning light on the dash flashed for about second and the car then started to lose power.
- With a run up I can get the car up to 100kph, but on any rise or hill will slow down, will drop back down the gears (Auto) and try to keep on going.
- Every thing on the car works fine but the engine lacks power, like if the supercharger is not working.

I replace the supercharge (the whole assembly) with a spare I had from the other engine but it stills lacks power.
I am going to do a ECU reset but I think that will not work.
To me it feels like the blow back butterfly, waste gate or what ever you call it, is not closing to allow the supercharger to create pressure.
Any advise on this problem would be grateful.
Cheers