Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Free Car Wash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SoCal240/6
The whole "free car wash" thing cracks me up.
Always happy to amuse you. Everthing is timing. When I bring the car in it takes about 20-30 minutes to wash the car. All in all it's about 45 minutes or the same amount of time as if I took it to a car wash. They vacuum out the car, clean the windows inside and out, put shiney crap on my tires and of couse wash the car. The wash is at least as good as any $11 car wash in the area and no tipping is allowed. Then they provide snacks and drinks and I meet up with some people there so it's a social thing as well. I also get to walk around the grounds looking at the latest from MB. Overall it's a better experience than going to the car wash. I figure even if I wash the car it will get swirls no matter how careful I am. So instead of buffing it twice a year I may have to do it 3 times, no biggy.

So go hang out at Fletcher Jones and enjoy the experience. Just don't enjoy it for 2 hours like some people do.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 C240/6
Originally posted by JKDBENZ
wow takes only 20 mins to wash your car? if i do it myself it takes me 40 min, maybe i'm just slow. what kind of car products are you using? i read an article in wsj about ferrari show room people use mcguire products.
Nothing fancy. A big sheepskin washmitt. Whatever car shampoo they happen to have at Price Club. A hose with no nozzle on it. And several large, all cotton bath towels for drying.

Hose the car down (1 minute). Very quickly, starting on the roof, wash the whole car at one time (10 minutes). Rinse it, using the open hose (no nozzle on it) starting from the top, so that the water sheets off of it (if you do it right, very little water is left on the car) (2 minutes). About 7 minutes to dry it, including drying the door jambs, etc.

That is approximate, I can do it faster if necessary, or take up to 30 minutes if I am going slowly.

I wax it around every 3-4 months, and I use various Meguire's products for that.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure 20 minutes to do that. Add vacuming, shaking out the mats, cleaning the windows inside and out , wiping the dust off the interior and detailing the wheels and tires. Now you are at 40 minutes plus. See, you can slave over your car for 40 minutes or sip a cappucino at FJ while sitting in a S600 listening to the stereo. I use only their best cars as private phone booths. Now if you really want to be productive, get a laptop with a high speed wireless modem and connect to the forum.

Or you can probably drop it off at lunch, walk across the street and have lunch and come back when you are done.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320
I had a CD changer installed (and had some minor work done) at Smythe European in San Jose. I got a:

* Free Latte, donuts
* Free Car Wash
* Free Volvo loaner car

It was great!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Moving this.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:08 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
House Of Imports for me! I bring it probably once or twice a month for a free complimentary car wash. They do a pretty good job!