Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

**Locked Out** Need help accessing my R Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230 kompressor & '08 R350 4Matic
Unhappy **Locked Out** Need help accessing my R Class

Hi guys,

I have a '08 R350 4Matic with 140k on the odometer and I need your help unlocking it. I posted in the R-Class sub-forum but thought I'd ask here just in case it wasn't a model specific issue. Any advice or pointers are highly appreciated. Thanks.

I just noticed a faint continuous beeping sound coming from inside the car.
Alright, so just to restate the current problem, I can't access the car at the moment. The door just refuses to open.

I don't think that there's an issue with the remote keys since I am seeing the red light whenever I press any button but I replaced the key fob batteries anyways for extra measures. Usually, I can open the trunk using the remote even if the car isn't running but that's not working either so I am suspecting that either the car's battery is dead or that the remote became defective. I'll also check the fuse box once I regain access. Either way, the manual/backup key (located inside of the remote key fob) should work, right? ... Nope, the door pins aren't moving at all and the car doesn't unlock. The key turns 90 degrees anticlockwise so they aren't shut and I've used this key a couple of times in the past when my remote batteries were running low so it's not like they haven't been used in a long while. I am assuming that the manual key lock mechanism is mechanical and doesn't rely on the electrical or pneumatic components since its sole purpose is to serve as a backup access point.

Any guesses? Maybe this mechanical connection to the actuator is just a flimsy plastic piece that broke? or the door lock cylinder itself is broken? ... what am I missing?
It's worth noting that the car just had its fuel pump replaced a couple of days ago.