Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Little Help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 s500
Little Help PLEASE

I have a 2009 SL550 and I need to add Hydraulic Fluid for the convertible top, I bought the Hydraulic Fluid at the Mercedes dealership and I cant seem to find where or how to add the fluid, I did many searches on line and cant seem to find out where to add it, ??
any detailed help with possible pics would be GREAT !!!!!

ALSO ...... Just curious on this other problem, every morning I start my car it wont shift out of park for about 5 to 10 minutes of constantly moving the shift around, as the day goes on it has no problem shifting out of park , but once again , in the morning it does it again,
I do have a light on saying worn brake pads that I am replacing soon, does it have anything to do with that or is it something else >>?

Last edited by jubie; 04-09-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:11 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jubie
I have a 2009 SL550 and I need to add Hydraulic Fluid for the convertible top, I bought the Hydraulic Fluid at the Mercedes dealership and I cant seem to find where or how to add the fluid, I did many searches on line and cant seem to find out where to add it, ??
any detailed help with possible pics would be GREAT !!!!!

ALSO ...... Just curious on this other problem, every morning I start my car it wont shift out of park for about 5 to 10 minutes of constantly moving the shift around, as the day goes on it has no problem shifting out of park , but once again , in the morning it does it again,
I do have a light on saying worn brake pads that I am replacing soon, does it have anything to do with that or is it something else >>?

Here is a nice write up on replacing the fluid on SLK/SL. Process is a little different for each but not too much. Pump and resevoir should be under the trunk lining.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/mercede...hooting-fixes/

As far as your transmission I'm not sure. Sounds like the problem goes away when things get warm? Hard to really say or diagnose without other symptoms. Did you check transmission fluid? Is it making an effort to shift? Nothing?

Can safely say it doesn't have anything to do with worn pads. Maybe take it to your local mechanic to get things figured out.