Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Need suggestions for replacement vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Volvo V70R, 02 MB CLK55 AMG
Need suggestions for replacement vehicle

Hello,

I am new to Mercedes, only got my first one in March, but someone has come to me asking for my help. I turn to the forums to get everyone's experience with this particular question.

I have a friend who has driven Mercedes for 20 plus years. She has a 2012 CLA 250, white, which has been involved in 6 accidents since she has owned it. Two of them were hit and run against her vehicle. She is scared to drive her car anymore and asked me to help find a replacement. She wants something that she feels safe in and might provide a better view of the roadway. I suggested an SUV. She is open to that idea.

She has a budget of around $35,000 and it must be a Mercedes. She would prefer CPO, about 3 years old, a rear hatch, and something that seats 5 people. I suggested a GLE 43 Coupe and she likes that shape, however that is out of her budget. I am going to suggest a GLC 300 or a GLA 250. I am open to other recommendations which I will pass on to her.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:27 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
I think the GLC 300 is a great choice. She will sit higher, they are very quiet and should provide her with a feeling of security over her sedan. They are also a manageable size for easy maneauvering. Six hits!!! WOW.