Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Are Executive Advisors helpful or just a more formal run around?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2018 | 10:48 PM

w213 E300
Are Executive Advisors helpful or just a more formal run around?

Long story short, my wiring and engine harness were damaged the end of September in my 2017 E300. Dealer needed some time to diagnose the problem and my auto insurance wasn't quick to cover the $14,000 or so bill. 3rd week in Oct the dealer placed an order for the parts and told me they would be shipped to America sometime after the 2nd week in January 2019, 10 days to arrive and another 4 to clear customs make it to the dealer and I could plan for 1st-2nd week in February 2019 for the car to be done. I called the USA headquarters in GA to see if the parts could be expedited some way as I am without a car for what could be close to 5 months. I was contacted 10 days ago by an "Executive Advisor" he took detailed notes, seemed willing to help and was apologetic for the delays. Yet I never heard back from him. After a week I emailed and called, 3 business days latter and no response at all. Anyone have any experience with a executive advisor? Can they actually help or is it more of a customer service we are sorry, will look into it kind of thing?
Old 11-19-2018 | 05:27 PM

2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Sounds like your experience is the answer to your question. Has nobody suggested removing the wiring harness (or just the damaged bits) from a car in the pipeline (or maybe a crashed car)? I anticipate that the insurance co. won't pay for extra labor and the dealer won't do it on general principles. ("Ooh, the liability!" "We've never done it that way!" "We don't have a form that fits that situation.") So you'd be on your own, with an independent repair shop. Still, five months is a long time (altough you're almost halfway through it).

(Just curious: how were your wiring harnesses damaged? Squirrels?)deleted-wrong thread

Last edited by gfmohn; 11-19-2018 at 05:32 PM.