Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

WARNING! BEWARE ! DO NOT USE https://mbnavupdate.com/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w205 coupe
WARNING! BEWARE ! DO NOT USE https://mbnavupdate.com/

Hi Everyone, I recently decided to upgrade my navigation system by using https://mbnavupdate.com/. The website promised a more affordable solution to update your navigation system. I went ahead and ordered the update online however the update did not successfully run and after about two weeks of seeking a refund, I was not refunded nor was I provided any the support needed.

I am really disappointed in the outcome and wanted to warn all the users of this forum about the website's poor customer service and illegitimate service. The website does not offer a feedback page so i decided to post it here.

Enjoy your Monday guys!
The following users liked this post:
jeffgrimord (12-24-2019)
Old 08-05-2020, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML350 4Matic / 2000 C280 Sport
I too was apprehensive. Because the web site allows PayPal for payment I decided to try. Got all the information I needed for the download right away and after a struggle finally managed to successfully install the update. Read on...
This is a one person operation - does BMW also (find under Bimmer with Google). The guy is helpful but what he did not tell me caused my installation issue. Also, when, if, he calls you, his phone number will have a NZ country code although he's apparently sitting in Brooklyn,NY.
You MUST follow the instructions to the "T"!!! Get a 32 GB 2.0 USB flash drive. Make sure it is a 2.0 version. (From Amazon for around $6.00) The 3.0 version does NOT work, so I found out. Do NOT use a 64 GB or larger USB and try to partition it. Tried that too - does not work. Make sure the 32GB 2.0 USB drive is in FAT32. You can do a quick format. Download the '.rar' file from the URL provided, unzip it, and copy the two folders and 11 additional files to your empty USB drive. The transfer will take a little over one hour. Once complete, test it in your Mercedes. When you see the message to install or abort, abort and remove the USB for now. Contact the business - must have your VIN! - and you will receive a return e-mail with the activation key. Last step... You need around 60 minutes to complete your final install. Start your engine, insert the USB and you will be prompted again like before - install or abort. Select 'OK'. Next you will be prompted for the activation key. Enter it and select OK again. The install will begin. Sit back while your vehicle idles and installs the map.
If you receive a failed install message 20 minutes or so after you started, you did NOT follow the instructions. In that case, start over to prepare the correct USB. This time you will see a message on your COMMAND screen to insert the DVD. Insert the USB drive as before and the install will start and complete without you having to insert the activation key. COMMAND remembers it from your failed install. And remember: Follow the instructions to the "T" so your install will work the first time around.
jaypee469 (06-08-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL 500
Originally Posted by ojacklin
I too was apprehensive. Because the web site allows PayPal for payment I decided to try. Got all the information I needed for the download right away and after a struggle finally managed to successfully install the update. Read on...
This is a one person operation - does BMW also (find under Bimmer with Google). The guy is helpful but what he did not tell me caused my installation issue. Also, when, if, he calls you, his phone number will have a NZ country code although he's apparently sitting in Brooklyn,NY.
You MUST follow the instructions to the "T"!!! Get a 32 GB 2.0 USB flash drive. Make sure it is a 2.0 version. (From Amazon for around $6.00) The 3.0 version does NOT work, so I found out. Do NOT use a 64 GB or larger USB and try to partition it. Tried that too - does not work. Make sure the 32GB 2.0 USB drive is in FAT32. You can do a quick format. Download the '.rar' file from the URL provided, unzip it, and copy the two folders and 11 additional files to your empty USB drive. The transfer will take a little over one hour. Once complete, test it in your Mercedes. When you see the message to install or abort, abort and remove the USB for now. Contact the business - must have your VIN! - and you will receive a return e-mail with the activation key. Last step... You need around 60 minutes to complete your final install. Start your engine, insert the USB and you will be prompted again like before - install or abort. Select 'OK'. Next you will be prompted for the activation key. Enter it and select OK again. The install will begin. Sit back while your vehicle idles and installs the map.
If you receive a failed install message 20 minutes or so after you started, you did NOT follow the instructions. In that case, start over to prepare the correct USB. This time you will see a message on your COMMAND screen to insert the DVD. Insert the USB drive as before and the install will start and complete without you having to insert the activation key. COMMAND remembers it from your failed install. And remember: Follow the instructions to the "T" so your install will work the first time around.
I just watched these 2 videos (
) and (
) and everything worked smoothly. USB 2.0 is required but the capacity of 32GB depends on your downloaded map data size.

Last edited by tahamed; 07-22-2021 at 12:41 AM. Reason: New content
tpetts (08-17-2021)
Old 03-24-2022, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add my $.02.

Like Chrispdy I too ordered the navigation update for my 2013 Mercedes SL550 from mbnavupdate.com My credit card was charged on the day of the order. The USB stick didnt arrive until about a month later, but emails to the vendor requesting the access code went unanswered for several days rendering the USB stick useless, so I've requested a credit from my credit card company. I'd ask the vendor for a credit but I think that would be a waste of time.