Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

SBC Brake Pump 25 year Warrantee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320, e220, Clk, E200
SBC Brake Pump 25 year Warrantee

I am owner of several E - class Mercedes Benz vehicles between years 2004 and 2007. Recently while driving my Mercedes Benz E320 CDI, the vehicle failed to stop at a Red Traffic light. The Red Lights lit up on my dash with lights warning break failure. I came out ok without an accident however very perturbed by this incident. My whole family drives Mercedes Benz because of its safety features. After some research on this mater I found that there is a known issue with these SBC pumps on these vehicles. Mercedes Benz has had a 10 year warrantee on this part and they increased this to 25 years. There are several case studies of videos of people who have had this replaced for free under the 25 year warrantee. I approached our local Mercedes Benz in South Africa and they don't know about this warrantee. I was surprised as this model is global and is sold in several markets.

I am looking for examples of person who have had repairs such have this been done in different markets. I am also keen to know if a warrantee such as this is global as brand is sold globally. I am keen to hear from any persons who can assist in the above.

Last edited by ramessur_sunjay; 05-25-2021 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling