Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Moving to Germany....Have questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 03:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (sold)
Question Moving to Germany....Have questions!

Hello Folks,

Got word not too long ago that the family will be moving to Frankfurt, Germany in 2022. Granted, we will only be there for a few years, but I was instantly excited with the idea of a European delivery of an E63S Wagon. Naturally I got on mbusa to spec one out followed quickly by emails to surrounding dealerships. Exciting right?!

Nope...

Both dealerships (medium volume?) informed me that European Delivery was cancelled due to COVID, and if I wanted to order one for delivery in the U.S. it would be a 8 - 12 month wait, only if they could get an allocation. UGH. While I should have no reason to be suspicious of what they are telling me, I find myself not wanting to take their word for it (still wary of dealership shenanigans). Thus the reason I am posting here.

* Would there happen to be any "insiders" on this forum that can either confirm what I am being told, or point me in the right direction?
* Would there happen to be any "insiders" on this forum that can tell me if Diplomatic pricing is still being offered?

Thank you in advance for any and all help from a hopeful buyer!

Mike
Old 08-01-2021, 08:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,917 Likes on 3,083 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Seems believable to me that the vehicle has limited availability. It's a highly sought after model in a period of global chaos.

Try posting the question in the W213 AMG section where owners with recent buying experience can chime in.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (sold)
Will do.

Thanks @ chassis!

Mike
Old 08-02-2021, 02:14 PM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 Mercedes AMG GT S
I think Porsche is still doing EU delivery if you like any of their options.

If you'll be in Germany for a few years, why not buy a German market Mercedes? You could even get a C 63 wagon to make us Americans all jealous! https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...-drive-review/
Old 08-02-2021, 02:16 PM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 Mercedes AMG GT S
Oh, the European dealerships should still be able to do factory delivery of an E63 if you bought a Germany-market car.