Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Which iCarsoft Diagnostic Tool?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 10:44 PM

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
2014 E350 Sport 4Matic Sedan
Which iCarsoft Diagnostic Tool?

What experience have any of you had with the iCarsoft diagnostic tools? I am considering buying an iCarsoft diagnostic tool, but am somewhat uncertain which to get.

It seems logical that the iCarsoft MB v3.0, being the latest MB specific offering, would be the most capable. But I have seen a few negative reviews on Amazon, with comments suggesting that the MB v3.0 firmware doesn't seem to be MB specific. Does anyone have experience with the v3.0?

If experiences with the v3.0 are less than impressive, then which is more capable? The MB II or the MB v2.0?

Any experiences that can be shared on these tools will be appreciated.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 875 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Originally Posted by Bhopkins
What experience have any of you had with the iCarsoft diagnostic tools? I am considering buying an iCarsoft diagnostic tool, but am somewhat uncertain which to get.

It seems logical that the iCarsoft MB v3.0, being the latest MB specific offering, would be the most capable. But I have seen a few negative reviews on Amazon, with comments suggesting that the MB v3.0 firmware doesn't seem to be MB specific. Does anyone have experience with the v3.0?

If experiences with the v3.0 are less than impressive, then which is more capable? The MB II or the MB v2.0?

Maybe check with this member. He has one for sale on the AMG GT site:
https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roa...ners-sale.html
Old 09-21-2021, 10:58 AM

Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Bhopkins

I have two for sale, the ICarsoft Creader CPR 129, its a great general diagnostic tool, oil reset light etc. I also have the Launch MB v2.0 which is Mercedes only, similar features but I think it can do e-brake reset.

None of them do "coding" you need to spend about $500+ to do it, I bought the Launch X431 +Elite for $1200 which does coding.

My for sale post - Diagnostic scanner for sale

Old 09-21-2021, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by realien
I have two for sale, the ICarsoft Creader CPR 129, its a great general diagnostic tool, oil reset light etc. I also have the Launch MB v2.0 which is Mercedes only, similar features but I think it can do e-brake reset.

None of them do "coding" you need to spend about $500+ to do it, I bought the Launch X431 +Elite for $1200 which does coding.

My for sale post - Diagnostic scanner for sale
Thanks. That's a pretty fair price on the MB v2.0.

Before I buy, I'd really like to understand the difference between the three that I mentioned. I've seen reviews that are positive for the iCarsoft devices, at least for the price that they can be had for. But frankly, their website does a poor job in communicating their capabilities. And it doesn't hep that they have several models that are all MB specific.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:52 PM

After sending a question to iCarsoft, asking the difference between the MB II, MB v2.0, and MB v3.0, this is the response I got.Thanks for your email.

MB II is the old version.

Then we released MB V2.0 to replace it.

MB V2.0= MB II+ ABS Bleeding + injector coding.

MB V3.0 is more comprehensive.

It can support Auto VIN, action test, one click to read all the modules.

You can get update from our website.