Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

A Premier car line?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
A Premier car line?

I recently started working at a Mercedes dealer as a service Tech, I've had my A.S.E. master certifications for 32 years. I've worked at a number of dealers in that time and thought I would finish my career with a supposed superior car line. I was badly mistaken. Mercedes is all hype. The vehicles are thousands of pounds heavier than equivalent sized vehicles which leads to thousands of dollars more in fuel on average to drive one. Because they are so heavy that if you hit a pothole or get in an accident they fall apart. That is not my main concern though. I work with mechanics that have decades working on theses cars and find that you cannot even come close to making a living working on warranty repairs. If they were a premier car line you would think they could afford to pay their mechanics a fair wage. For example, being our weekly hour totals are posted, more than half the shop is averaging 25 hours per week. Working on never ending recalls doesn't help. As I stated Mercedes is all hype with nothing to back it.