Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

DEALER RANT- MB Encino, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaguar xf
Thumbs down DEALER RANT- MB Encino, CA

I joined here years ago and have been lurking. I was finally ready to buy a new 2022 C300 cabriolet and had a terrible experience at MERCEDES BENZ ENCINO. I'm just venting, but they have it coming. Here's my Yelp review;

Incredibly unprofessional. I wish I could give them negative stars. We test drove a new car there yesterday. Today I agreed to a price (a very small amount below MSRP) with their manager over the phone and confirmed that it was available and I would be Ubering down there to buy it and it would take about an hour for me to get there. When we showed up, within an hour, magically there was another person trying to buy the same car and they made us wait so that they could "process the credit application" on that new buyer. So after waiting, apparently she bought it.

So it looks like what happened is that someone walked in and they showed the car that they had just agreed to sell to me, and that person almost definitely just gave them MSRP. It's outrageously unprofessional and I really am shocked that a MB dealership would have such absolutely awful customer service. The manager was rude and border-line hostile, after he had the gall to screw us like that over a few hundred dollars. So I'm going to fire off a nasty letter to MB USA and complain about these guys that operate like a corner-used car lot. I'm never going to step foot in another MB store and really these bozos ought to be out of business. I've never had such a bad experience at a car dealer and to think that it happened with a brand that tries to market itself as high-end is amazing.

Sure, it's a seller's market these days but it is absolutely amateur hour at this dealer. People like this are why everyone hates car salesmen. Never again.