Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Relocating from Ontario to California with C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
Relocating from Ontario to California with C43

Hello all,

Due to a change in my life circumstances I have to relocate from Ontario, Canada to California, USA. I am currently financing my 2020 C43 AMG from MBFS Canada (less than 2 years into payment); I am really hoping to be able to move with my car; has anyone ever relocated with your financed mercedes from Canada to USA. Is it possible to transfer loan to MBFS USA? I have a decent credit history in the US. Please let me know if you have experience or knowledge about this, really appreciate your help.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe
Hey Ninja,

I relocated to the US a year ago (Vancouver, BC --> San Jose, California).

I had to pay off my 2014 E550 Coupe financed through MBFS before they would allow it to leave the country permanently. You need to pay it off too in order to get the letter of compliance from MBCanada for you to import your car into the US.

The whole importation thing is a circus I have dealt with since day #1 of arriving here.

I wish I had better news, but my information is current as of May 15, 2021 (When I crossed the border).
The following users liked this post:
ninja_c43 (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
Thanks @GodsLt , appreciate your response! Unfortunately my experience was also the same

UPDATE: Like @GodsLt said, I had to payoff the whole loan before exporting it to the US.

@GodsLt I do have a quick question for you; do you know if there is a way to register our new address with MB USA? Was wondering how we will come to know about recalls etc in future; also have you had any experience with servicing this vehicle in the US?