Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Need a front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 280
Need a front license plate bracket

I bought a 2007 SLK280. It was licensed in a state that does not use a front license plate. But my state does. Is there a bracket I can buy that attaches to something behind the front bumper? I prefer not to drill holes in the bumper to mount a bracket.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:07 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by BenzChas
I bought a 2007 SLK280. It was licensed in a state that does not use a front license plate. But my state does. Is there a bracket I can buy that attaches to something behind the front bumper? I prefer not to drill holes in the bumper to mount a bracket.

Go to any car mod shop that sells various automotive accessories.
These are the same kind of shops that do audio modifications, new mag wheels, glass tinting, etc.
They should have some ideas of these types of brackets for you.
Good luck.

Old 05-25-2022, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes E430
Have you looked into the possibility of front license plate sticker? I understand it is permitted in California.
The following users liked this post:
BenzChas (05-27-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 280
Originally Posted by Jayz310
Have you looked into the possibility of front license plate sticker? I understand it is permitted in California.
Thanks. You are correct. It is a pilot program. But it may be available to me. It is a "wrap" which supposedly can be removed without damaging the paint.
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/05/21/...plate-sticker/

I also heard once of a program to add an "lcd display" license plate. On the back. It would have wifi and be updateable via the internet. This idea would not need to mail out a new sticker every year. I don't think this idea is going to be adopted.
https://reviver.com/geo-expansion/california/