Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.
View Poll Results: How do you evaluate a safe online place to buy? Multiple answers allowed.
I'd buy from any website taking my chance.
16.67%
I would only buy from sponsors on this board.
16.67%
I will feel confident buying from a site that has a gallery of their cars
16.67%
I will feel confident buying from a site that has been known to be in the business
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

How can you tell if a shop is reputable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
How can you tell if a shop is reputable?

I have seen many online shops. I also have seen many posts here about problem transactions, and shops taking hard-earned money without delivering products and/or services.

I wanted to make a wheel purchase (and a few more things) but I am skeptical about handing someone six thousand dollars for a custom wheel and tire set that has to be special ordered.

I have seen websites that has many product listings. I also have seen websites that have galleries of cars that they feature. But these things cannot satisfy my need to become confident for such a large purchase.

From what I have read, it is still uncertain even if you buy from the sponsors on this board (like the guy from Australia).

Where would you recommend buying?
Old 10-21-2004, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 : 2007 C230
The best way to tell if a shop is reputable is from past experience(your and others'). A local shop would be ideal. Nothing better than meeting them in person, but that's not always possible.

If this helps you any, I have had good experiences buy from these three sponsors.

http://www.evosport.com
http://www.pure-motorsport.com
http://www.tirerack.com/
Old 10-21-2004, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Originally Posted by aries palmiotto
I have seen many online shops. I also have seen many posts here about problem transactions, and shops taking hard-earned money without delivering products and/or services.

I wanted to make a wheel purchase (and a few more things) but I am skeptical about handing someone six thousand dollars for a custom wheel and tire set that has to be special ordered.

I have seen websites that has many product listings. I also have seen websites that have galleries of cars that they feature. But these things cannot satisfy my need to become confident for such a large purchase.

From what I have read, it is still uncertain even if you buy from the sponsors on this board (like the guy from Australia).

Where would you recommend buying?
On special order items, I work back from the final source. I contact them and find out who their distributors are and then make a selection from them..