Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Auto-Steer / Lane Keeping Fuction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Talking Auto-Steer / Lane Keeping Fuction

Does all S-Class come with auto steer similar to that of a Tesla? The car has lane assist function as it will beep if I cross lanes at times and I can see the lane keep icon on the dash... but I can't seem to find it auto steer toggle switch. Would be helpful if someone can point that out.

I would also like to know what does "READY" mean on the dash? I see "READY" displayed on the dashboard when Im driving the car. What is it ready for??

Is there any intro to S-Class video somewhere... there is so much technology in this thing I feel like I need to go get certified to drive this thing
Old 05-02-2023, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 389 Likes on 265 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Steering assist only works when cruise control is activated on my EQE SUV. My Genesis GV80 had a button for it too and I could activate it any time, even when not cruising on a highway. I think that's the feature I miss the most after trading it in.

I was wondering about that green ready Freddie rectangle too. It's probably explained in the manual somewhere but there's no online version yet for the EQE SUV and I'm too lazy to leaf through the printed version they gave me. But while I'm wondering, I also noticed a steaming cup of coffee icon on the left side when I'm starting it up. Does Mercedes now warn people that their coffee is getting cold? This is my first Mercedes and I'm finding some of the stuff is well, shall we say, less than intuitive. "Hey Mercedes, turn off the radio" seems to just confuse the heck out of my car. Like why would anyone ever want to do that?
Old 05-05-2023, 10:40 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
none
Originally Posted by invisible-z
Does all S-Class come with auto steer similar to that of a Tesla? The car has lane assist function as it will beep if I cross lanes at times and I can see the lane keep icon on the dash... but I can't seem to find it auto steer toggle switch. Would be helpful if someone can point that out.

I would also like to know what does "READY" mean on the dash? I see "READY" displayed on the dashboard when Im driving the car. What is it ready for??

Is there any intro to S-Class video somewhere... there is so much technology in this thing I feel like I need to go get certified to drive this thing
I'd suggest looking at some of the you tube videos produced by Nick O'Leary. He does quite a good job of explainaing MANY things about these cars.

READY basically means the car is turned on. When you switch it on, it's READY, when you switch it off, it's not READY. Since the radio doesn't go off until until you open the door, even after turning the car off, it's some kind of indicator that you have the car on or off.