Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Trackcar project, w202 or w207 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan 200sx s13
Trackcar project, w202 or w207 ?

Greetings guy! I require your humble advise.

Im looking to buy a w202 or a w207 as a trackday toy, the car will have an m111 that will be converted with a turbo.
Unfortunately in my country nobody tune those cars and people are not knowlegable about them.

With the research i did i see that the w202 chassis it's pretty tracked, it have a wide range of aftermarket and i can find a lot of informations and videos about it. It also have a very big community with plenty of knowlegable people.

But i fell in love with the w207, it's lines are really beautifull and by seeing it's specs it's even fairly light at 1300kg with the very same engine.
The problem is that i cant find any information about it, nobody seems to have done a track build and i cant find an aftermarket support at all. Also all the communities i found dont seems to ever experience in the tuning scene and there are just a copule of videos on youtube.

Can you give me your honest advise? The w202 it's the safest bet, but i really love the w207, yet i have the fear to end in not capable chasis where i need to make everything custom while having a nightmarish electronic.

Thanks in advance guys! Have a nice day