Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

North Carolina SPEEDING TICKET

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2023 | 11:43 AM

C117
North Carolina SPEEDING TICKET

Need some local advice. I was issued a speeding ticket for 75 in a 55 and must appear in court - no pay-by-mail. Seems that anything 15 mph over requires that. But I don’t live in NC and the appearance date (in December) is an issue. In some states 20 over is a reckless driving charge and problematic for insurance and potentially my license. Any specific advise - with local knowledge?
Old 10-22-2023 | 11:57 AM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by dbrown167
Need some local advice. I was issued a speeding ticket for 75 in a 55 and must appear in court - no pay-by-mail. Seems that anything 15 mph over requires that. But I don’t live in NC and the appearance date (in December) is an issue. In some states 20 over is a reckless driving charge and problematic for insurance and potentially my license. Any specific advise - with local knowledge?
Call the court during business hours or go to their website. Please post the court website here.
Old 10-22-2023 | 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
A quick Google search found the link below with some info. I'm not familiar with the process in North Carolina, but it looks like you can't contest tickets in writing and instead have to request a hearing in front of a judge. Your best bet if you can't get the ticket dismissed is always to attend traffic school if eligible to keep it off your record. In NC that can be done online from the looks of it, however, it appears to be up to the court whether traffic school is an option. Best to call the court as suggested above. Most times you can reschedule the appearance date. You may also wanna hire an attorney, who can handle things on your behalf.

https://www.drivesafeonline.org/cour...orth-carolina/
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
chassis (10-22-2023), Drone_S213 (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023 | 12:45 PM

C117
Originally Posted by chassis
Call the court during business hours or go to their website. Please post the court website here.
it’s Brunswick County (https://www.nccourts.gov/locations/brunswick-county). Thanks for the suggestions and as you seem to have local knowledge, is there potential for discharge of the charges with securing a local attorney?
Old 10-22-2023 | 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rivian, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Tesla
Yes, use a local attorney. They can try to get your charge reduced to something more like a fix-it ticket where all you have to do is pay a fine and be done.
The following 2 users liked this post by QuadBenz:
Drone_S213 (10-22-2023), Joshinator99 (11-24-2023)