Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Dealer vs Indy service rates/quality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLE 350 4MATIC
Dealer vs Indy service rates/quality?

Want to get a transmission fluid change or flush for my 45k miles GLE gas here in USA.

If going for quality, would you recommend a highly rated local indy Euro car shop, or go to the dealer?
I've seen many youtube videos on how techs at dealers are minimum wage hackers, but maybe Pensky Mercedes dealers do better and techs there are much more motivated to do the right work?

Then quality aside, which is going to be more reasonably priced, or will they all be about the same price in your experience?
Old 04-27-2024, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 682 Likes on 505 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
Depends on INDY and DEALER.

Some dealers are way better then others.
Same as indys.

Old 04-27-2024, 07:50 AM

Received 159 Likes on 115 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
I'm blessed with the fact that I have a very solid independent dealer who works on only Mercedes and porsche. Locally for me in Central Florida one car dealership was in an accident with a car we purchase new and tried to hide it. the other car dealership tried to tell me that my car didn't have options that it clearly had and they did not how to properly program the key... in general and for the past 20 years non-brand specific I try to avoid the steelership at all costs.

sorry for voice text I'm feeling lazy