Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Where to Sell Large Collection of New/Used Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 560 SL
Where to Sell Large Collection of New/Used Parts

Hello all,

I am an co-owner of a Mercedes/BMW Repair shop in Nashville, TN. We have hundreds possibly thousands of various (mainly used, some new) parts and parted-out cars that we need to sell and clear.

Does anyone have advice for where would be best to market such a collection for people to see, and what would be the best way of going about it? The marketplace here seems limiting to what I am looking to do, for context I have linked an album of photos

Thank you all for your help!
Old 05-15-2024, 12:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,388 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Are they catalogued, priced out, functionality determined, etc?

An eBay store is an option but it'll take lots of work for taking pics and documentation on eBay listings

you can look for shops that sell items like this and see who they sell parts to locally or nationally.
(Body shops, insurance adjusters, dealerships, Indy shops etc); I see you have a shop but what do similar shops do with similar situations?

create a website like this
https://www.pullapart.com/used-auto-parts/

How much work are you willing to put into this

Last edited by PeterUbers; 05-15-2024 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 560 SL
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Are they catalogued, priced out, functionality determined, etc?

An eBay store is an option but it'll take lots of work for taking pics and documentation on eBay listings

you can look for shops that sell items like this and see who they sell parts to locally or nationally.
(Body shops, insurance adjusters, dealerships, Indy shops etc); I see you have a shop but what do similar shops do with similar situations?

create a website like this
https://www.pullapart.com/used-auto-parts/

How much work are you willing to put into this
Such a website or ebay would be my ideal but I am working with a tight time frame, second best option would be finding someone who has a website like that/ebay store who wants more parts to sell & make a wholesale deal