Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

NTG 5.5 - Personalization - Seat - steering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2024, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-class, but actually a friend's car
NTG 5.5 - Personalization - Seat - steering

Dear All,

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm reaching out to clarify the functionality of the Personalization feature and memory seats within the NTG 5.5 COMAND system, specifically for the 257 carline.

My understanding is that the 257 line when equipped with a specific package, should allow the seats to automatically adjust based on the selected driver profile connected to Mercedes me upon entering the car.

Could someone confirm if this functionality is indeed available?
  • If so, what configuration needs to be chosen within the COMAND settings (Settings > Driver's Seat)?
  • Is there a “dynamic” option that should be selected?
  • Once configured, will the seat automatically recall the position when the corresponding profile is selected at the next ignition?
Any insights or additional details on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Frank.
Old 07-11-2024, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,890 Likes on 2,602 Posts
2019 C63CS
No, the seat does not automatically adjust. Mercedes cites safety reasons as there's a risk somebody in the rear seat could get their feet crushed, or the person in the front seat gets pushed into the steering wheel. Each profile has its own 3 memory positions, but you have to recall the desired seat position with the seat memory button after you change the profile. A workaround is to store the seat positions for each driver in each profile, so you can recall it and get in the car before switching the profile. This has slightly changed in newer cars with MBUX. Under certain conditions the seat adjusts automatically when the profile is switched.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-11-2024 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-11-2024, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-class, but actually a friend's car
Thank you for the prompt reply; I appreciate it. I asked because, while going through the owner's manual, I saw the “dynamic” option. I thought this option would allow the system to determine the correct seat position automatically. I've heard rumors that it calculates the position based on body weight and height when the car is stationary. If that's incorrect, could you kindly clarify?

Based on your reply, my understanding is that the driver's profile needs to be saved via Settings >> Driver's Seat by choosing one of the available memory positions. Once the preference is saved for the profile in use, will it be recalled automatically each time the vehicle is used?

I'm not very tech-savvy, so any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2024, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,890 Likes on 2,602 Posts
2019 C63CS
No, it doesn't automatically recall the position. If the seat etc. was moved, then you press the corresponding memory position button on the door to restore the stored position. I'm not sure what the dynamic option is, but I believe that's the dynamic side bolsters. If enabled, it will automatically inflate the left or right side bolster while cornering to provide more lateral support. Some of the latest models have a feature to adjust the seat based on your height. You specify your height and then it will adjust the seat to what it thinks it should be and then you can store it as your position if you like it. I tried this in an EQS loaner recently, but I didn't like the seating position it chose.